Tom sent this to James, and I couldn't convince him to post it himself ... so here goes! You have to read this:

An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my
yard; I could tell from his collar and well-fed
belly that he had a home and was well taken care
of.

He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats
on his head; he then followed me into my house,
slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the
corner and fell asleep.

An hour later, he went to the door, and I let
him out.

The next day he was back, greeted me in my
yard, walked inside and resumed his spot in the
hall and again slept for about an hour. This
continued off and on for several weeks.

Curious, I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would
like to find out who the owner of this wonderful
sweet dog is and ask if you are aware that
almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house
for a nap.'

The next day he arrived for his nap, with a
different note pinned to his collar: 'He lives
in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3
- he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I
come with him tomorrow?'

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have heard this story before and don't know if it is true or not but laughed when I heard it and also think it is a good story to pass around. Sometimes it doesn't matter if it is true it is just enjoyable to read.
I haven't heard this story before, but I can just imagine how the dog and the dog father feel, makes you want to curl up too!
Sounds true to me......that's certainly what I'd do :o)
I know, I think it *sounds* true ... and that's good enough for me. I had a teacher once say "in storytelling there is truth (what actually happened) and TRUTH (the bending of events to make sure that the reader gets the real message you are trying to convey).

I don't know whether this is truth or TRUTH, but I love it.
That is a very sweet story.He found a good place to take his naps it was quiet and he found it very peaceful.I have heard the story before its nice to read again
This is priceless, I'm the eldest of 8 siblings I know how he must feel. I used to find places to go to when I lived at home, it was never quiet, large families are a true blessing but they have their downside when it comes to R&R. Thank you for sharing Molly...
I have received this email before, twice, actually, and I don't know if it is true or not, but I choose to believe it anyway. I have seen my older fellow worn out by too much attention, looking for that corner in the story.
I definately believe this,around the corner from us are a family of six teenage plus boys and one girl,dad is a bit of a screamer,one has the tv on,another the stereo,another the computer games,mum has the washing machine,vacumn and dish washer going...it is a very noisy house hold,they have a small mixed breed doggie who most days comes to our place and snuggles up with our three dogs,i have always said that he is looking for time out.
That is soooo funny! He has found a place of rest with a good neighbor. Hie master should come with him even if it is just to meet someone kind enough to let thier dog visit.
some one a long time ago sent this to me. and enjoyed it so much, you know animals have feelings too bless them MsPetite117 of myspace animal rights all around yall love em gdg
this was probably my dog. I have a three and a 5 year old and an almost 5 month old set of paws that have teeth and a growl attached. My poor Willoughby ( 8 on June 30) just doesn't get the same amount of rest that she used to. For that matter neither do I. So napping at your place tomorrow?

Sherry, Wilmington, NC
I have seen this story before and it always brings a smile to face. Since it doesn't hurt anyone or offer advice, I don't think it matters if it's true or not. Just a cute story to put a smile on any dog lovers face.

Thanks for posting it, Molly!

RSS

The Inspiration

EverPup

EverPup: What James has bee

Dr Jones Ultimate Canine Health Formula

Dog Books from Maui Media

Subscribe to our Blog

Badge

Loading…

Published by

Maui Media, LLC