In loving memory of my best friend and most faithful companion ***Rio***
I lost a special friend today. The kind you can't replace, and looking at his empty bed I can still see his face. I see the endless energy & sparkling puppy eyes. Not the tired, fragile friend I had to bid goodbye. I know Rio is in a special place our Lord has for such friends. Where meadows, fields, and flowers help make them strong and whole again. This special place our Lord has made health & strength wait for him there.
So, with my very special friend I am sending all my prayers. I remember how Rio would run to me to play and how his eyes would light up when he heard me call his name. But, as those precious years went by and we both aged and grew, I'd find him often slowing down. But, we had still so much to do. I noticed in the recent times his ears were not as sharp, his little black eyes seemed distant. Where is that running white ball of fur...the years have shown their mark. Rio was a special dog. I know he gave it his best. My little Rio was a real trooper till the very end. But, as I looked deep into his eyes I knew it was time for Rio to rest. Rio was my best friend for 12 years and I thank him for taking care of me all those years. I know Rio is watching over me. He'll be with me when I cry. So, with one more kiss on his beloved head I told my Rio goodbye. You will be missed Rio.
May 23, 1996 - June 28, 2008
To know love and companionship of a pet is one of life's joy's.

Views: 139

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thinking of Sweet Rio today....with the holidays approaching its only natural that I wish Rio were here.
I know what you're feeling. I dread the holidays because this will be the first year without my little Tillie Marie. She loved it when I put up the Christmas tree and pulled out the decorations. She had to sniff every one of them before I placed them on the tree. She made it so special with all her excitement. Now she's gone and I will have a tough time this year. I will miss buying her another toy and another sweater. Of course we miss their precious little faces. Maltese mom I don't know how you do it! Rio had the sweetest, cutest face so very precious!
We must be on the same wave length...I just emailed you about Tillie. She looked like a beautiful snowball.
Its difficult...but my little Oliver helps and comforts me. Thank God for Oliver.
I was thinking of Rio today and decided to read my tribute. Always brings a tear to my eye.
I am so sorry to hear about Rio! People who don't have animals think we are nuts. I think they are!! These animals we have become family; children to us and the loss is deeply felt! Please accept our condolences. Priscilla, Timber, Wolfgang, Trouble, Samson, Delilah, Spunky, Snowshoes, Mitzi, Charlie and Rudolfo
The holidays are here. I find myself thinking of Rio and remembering how much he loved Christmas.
Merry Christmas Rio....We love you.
Thinking of you Rio....Happy New Year !
I was thinking of Rio and thought I would read my loving tribute to my best friend.Oliver and I have been thinking of Rio lately.
Took Oliver to the groomer last week and I saw a maltese that resembled Rio. Looking at the maltese brought back very sweet & tender memories.
A photobook that I created through Shutterfly finally arrived. All who have seen and read it - love it. Great memories of Rio.
MY LITTLE GIRL ANGEL PASSED AWAY TONIGHT AT 5PM IN MY ARMS,HER BATTLE WITH CANCER
SHE LOST,I TRIED EVERY THING POSSIBLE TO SAVE HER,I GOT 4 MORE MONTHS OF HER WITH RAD. TREATMENTS.I AM A LOST SOUL,MY HOME IS SO EMPTY WITH OUT HER,MY HEART IS BROKEN AND I AM CRYING
ANGEL CROSSED OVER ,I GOT A GIFT 11 YEARS AGO FROM GOD,NOW I HAD TO THAT GIFT BACK TO GOD.
SHE ENLIGHTEN THE HEARTS OF SO MANY PEOPLE,SHE WAS LOVED AND CARED FOR THE BEST.
JUST BEFORE THE VET GAVE HER THE SHOT,I SAID TO ANGEL,THANK YOU FOR LOVING ME,AND
LETTING ME LOVE YOU,HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY MY BABY,WE WILL MEET AGAIN FOREVER. BILL CRONIN.
Rio's memory will always be alive. I have people ask me about Rio all the time.
He was loved so dearly. People always bring up his smiling maltese face.

RSS

The Inspiration

EverPup

EverPup: What James has bee

Dr Jones Ultimate Canine Health Formula

Dog Books from Maui Media

Subscribe to our Blog

Badge

Loading…

Published by

Maui Media, LLC

© 2010 Maui Media, LLC