I got this in an email forward, so who knows whether the story is real or not, but it's one of my favorites, and makes me cry every time.

The dog is pregnant, and the fireman had just saved her from a fire in her house, rescuing her by carrying her out of the house into her front yard, and then he continued to fight the fire.

When he finally got done putting the fire out, he sat down to catch his breath and rest.

A photographer from the Charlotte, North Carolina newspaper, noticed her in the distance looking at the fireman. He saw her walking straight toward the fireman and wondered what she was going to do.

As he raised his camera, she came up to the tired man who had saved her life and the lives of her babies and kissed him just as the photographer snapped this photograph:

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, that's awesome really. I respect firemen because of the service they do to protect our lives and putting their lives on the line. That dog showed gratitude too.
isn't it incredible? Really beautiful story.
Thanks Molly for that wonderful story. I believe she knew!
I did see this to! So sweet! dogs are amazing. I just love them so much!
What a shame! Yes still a cute picure of the dog kissing the fireman.
I love this one, also!!! I hope it is real, and believe it is, because I have owned Dobermans and it would be just like them to be that affectionate.
I've seent his before and Ijust love the story...that's the reason I just love and cherished dogs...and respect firefighters as nobody else...what a wonderful pair!
It isn't true, Molly, but who cares it could be.
We all know our babies are capable of gratitude and love and that is the only "truth" that matters.
What a neat story. Thank you for sharing.
Julie

RSS

The Inspiration

EverPup

EverPup: What James has bee

Dr Jones Ultimate Canine Health Formula

Dog Books from Maui Media

Subscribe to our Blog

Badge

Loading…

Published by

Maui Media, LLC