After a few weeks of not feeling too well, Ti'ana was sent for an ultrasound. Her liver and spleen were covered with tumors, filled with blood and cancer. The vet informed me that although she seemed ok today, It would only be a matter of days before she passed on, and it would be horrible for her. I did what I thought was best and put her down, while she laid in my arms. She was like a child to me, a best friend, a companion. And having her not greet me with tons of kisses this morning is breaking my heart. She had just turned 12 last month. She was a strong, loving dog who gave my family and I many happy years, as I hope we did for her. She took a piece of my heart to that Rainbow Bridge, and she is now romping with Shana, my first dog. We cry for so many selfish reasons. Angels on earth, animals are.... and for that God should have given them many many more years to roam here and love their families. This site has always given me inspiration and calmness....as I hope it continues to do. Love them with all you have, every day! She inspired me every day to be the best person I could be.... and will truly be missed.

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, me too. We lost our Leo this summer 2009, just when we were going to move.
Leo was with us when we started looking for our new home.
Now we have moved and every time I go past the hotel where we stayed with Leo I remember his conversation.
You see Leo talked and communicated like no other dog we have ever had (9 dogs)
The first morning of our stay he stopped in the hotel corridor and howled like a wolf, after which he continued with an aray of intonations (that´s what Siberian Huskies do, when they are calling flock members or have a good experience to share. This singsong naturally lead to guests opening their bedroom doors and wondering what it was all about (some were not so amused!)
Actually, he was communicating that the area we had chosen was fine and he approved! However, sad to say he told us that it was time for him to leave for the Rainbow Bridge, which he did shortly after our return. He knew he would´nt be with us, but he was pleased with our choice.
Still, his soul keeps popping up and reminding us of all the good times we enjoyed together, we remember him with so much love and happiness over the wonderful times we had together.Yes, I miss him so much and cry every now and again but Leo loved his freedom and to decide when it is time to leave for the Rainbow Bridge is his freedom of choice.
Awwww.....I'm so very sorry for your loss.....my thoughts and prayers are with you....and here's some Angel Hugs>>>> too....I'm sure my beloved Dudley welcomed Ti'ana to the Bridge and they are fast friends!
Take Care!!!! Patricia 0;-)
I am so sorry for all of the wonderful furry friends that have passed. I know the pain and it just devistates us! I too am grieving the loss of my little Tillie. It happened seven months ago and I still can't forgive myself for having left the room when the vet put her down. If I had to do it over again I would have held her and been there for her. Bless all of you who did that! Yes we will see them again as I believe that God cares about every detail of our lives and something so sweet and precious as a pet will not go un-noticed. I still have my little Tazer Bud and recently got Nelllie Girl who is a rescue dog. She is finally showing me who she is and the awesome thing is that she is so much like my little Tillie!
Could Nellie Girl be connected to little Tillie´s soul? I hope you will forgive me for asking (as not everyone is interested in these kinds of thoughts) but I am just reading a very sincere and interesting book called "Your Soul´s Plan by Robert Schwartz" and it could apply to dogs too.

Wishing you and Nellie Girl a wonderful life together. Coralie
I don't think Nellie is connected to Tillie's soul I believe dogs don't have souls, they do have spirits. The Bible says that only human beings have souls. If you are a Christian, as I am; the Bible teaches that we were created in HIS image and if we call upon HIM than we will be saved and our souls will go to HEAVEN to be with HIM when we die. I do believe that God cares about every detail of our life and that if this is true than I will see my little Tillie in Eternity. She was a special little dog and a big part of my life. I would question the book you are reading. It sounds like New Age teachings which I don't believe in. They contradict the teachings of The Bible which I believe is the inherent Word of God!
Thank you for your comment, this is what makes the World so wonderful that there is diversity even in thoughts. All books are interesting whether you believe in the content or not. I do certainly understand that your little dog was very special and you will see her in Eternity.
May I take this opportunity to wish you a Happy, Healthy, Peaceful and Prosperous New Year.
I hope all of us dog people get to finally meet over that bridge one day as well.
To all of you that have lost your best friend, my heart breaks and knowing the pain of that loss, I pray that as time passes... your grief lessens and the joy of your friend fills the hole in your heart. I cry every day for my Hamilton but I also cherrish the time we had and remember the fun times. As I run in the park with my other two goldens and Grey... Hamilton comes to mind and I see him runnig free of pain, at the Rainbow Bridge, wating for all of us..... Take care.... Cry... Laugh and Remember the good times. judy
Thank you Dear Dog Friends for your lovely comments.
I certainly agree about all the fun times we had with our beloved Rainbow Bridge friends. There are so many lovely memories and so much fun to remember! Coralie
ANGELA, MY NAME IS BILL FROM MAINE,MY LITTLE BABY GIRL [ANGEL] PASSED AWAY IN MY ARMS THIS

PAST TUES. NIGHT.ANGEL HAD NASAL CANCER,FOUND ON APRIL 09 I HAD 5 TREATMENTS OF RAD.

DONE TO ANGEL OVER A 5 MONTH PERIOD.LAST OCT THE TUMOR HAD GONE DOWN TO 80%
WENT BACK IN NOV.09,CANCER WAS BACK EVEN MORE. I TOOK ANGEL HOME TO DIE.
MY VET HERE STARTED HER ON A DIET OF COOKED HAMBURG,OR CHICKEN,RICE,CARROTS,STRING BEANS
[FRENCH STYLE] COOKED EGGS,AND HERBS FROM CHINA.TO BUILD UP HER IMMUNE SYSTEM.
FEB 16TH WAS ANGELS LAST DAY WITH ME.THE CANCER MASTRSIZED [BLEW UP[ HER BREATHING WAS
AWFUL,SHE WAS GRASPING FOR BREATH.HER TONGE WAS HANGING OF OF HER MOUTH.
I KNEW IT WAS TIME FOR MY BABY TO GO TO THE RAINBOW BRIDGE.THE LOOK IN HER EYES I KNEW
RIGHT AWAY.HER BROWN EYES MADE CONTACT WITH MINE AND STARED AT ME AS TO SAY,GOOD BYE.

VET CAME TO MY HOME ,I HELD ANGEL AS HE PUT THE FINAL SHOT,JUST BEFORE THAT I SAID TO HER
THANK YOU FOR LOVING ME,AND LETTING ME LOVE YOU,GOOD BYE MY BABY,WAIT FOR ME
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE YEARS YOU HAVE GIVEN ME YOUR LOVE AND UNDERSTANDING.
YOU TAUGHT ME ABOUT LIFE AND TO LOVE AND LIFE ITSELF.ANGEL DIED IN MY ARMS.
HER LITTLE HEAD FEEL TO MY CHEST AND I HELD HER AND LOVED HER KISSED HER HUGGED HER
I WILL LOVE HER TILL THE DAY I DIE AND WILL MISS AND CHERISH OUR TIME FOREVER BILL
Bill, I am so very sorry to hear about your loss in Angel. Although we went to the vet, Ti'ana died in my arms too. It was just a year last week and I still think about her all the time. And I DO think they wait for us. This was the best site with the best people to help me get through a difficult time. It is very unfair that their lives are so much shorter. But if not for people like us (I found a dog roaming the streets this summer and gave her a home).. if not for us, what kind of people would be left in the world? My thoughts and prayers go out to you and Angel. I am sure Ti'ana found her with all the other dogs and they are healthy and running around. I am not going to say keep your chin up... cry cry cry... it helps. I actually write simple poetry and put it in a book with all of her pictures, that helped too.
YES,ANGEL TAUGHT ME ALOT IN HER SHORT LIFE HERE ON EARTH.HER LOVE FOR ME WAS UNBELIVEABLE.SHE WEIGHTED 14 LBS OF JOY AND HOPE TO ALL THAT KNEW HER.
WE BOTH WERE VOLUNTEERS AT A LOCAL HOSPITAL.WE WENT THER TO CHEER UP THE PEOPLE THAT WERE NEVER GOING HOME AGAIN.MANY ATIME I CRYED ,BECAUSE ANGEL MADE
THESE PEOPLE CRY,BECAUSE OF THEIR FUTURE WAS VERY DIM.ANGEL MADE THEM SMILE AND LAUGH AND LET HER LICK THEIR HANDS OR FACE.WE DID THIS FOR A YEAR,THEN I GOT VERY
SICK AND HAD TO STOP DOING THIS.IT WAS VERY HARD ON ANGEL AND MYSELF BECAUSE
ANGEL WOULD LOOK AT ME EVERY TUESDAY WHEN IT WAS TIME TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL
SHE DID NOT UNDER STAND WHY.IF ONLY ANGEL COULD TALK,SHE WAS ALMOST HUMAN.
THEN IN APRIL,I FOUND OUT THRU TESTS THAT SHE HAD NASAL CANCER.I CRYED MY HEART OUT.
IT WAS IN A PLACE WHERE THEY COULD OPERATE,HER EYE AND NOSE AND BRAIN.
THROUGH ALL THIS AND 5 TREATMENTS OF RAD.,SHE STILL HAD THAT SPARK TO GO.
THE LAST MONTH {JAN} ANGEL STARTED GOING DOWN HILL.VET SAID IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME.THE NIGHT SHE PASSED,I FED HER AT 4PM,TOOK HER OUT TO DO HER DUTY AT 430
SHE CAME IN THE HOUSE,I GAVE HER THE BACON SHE LOVED AND THEN SHE WENT ON HER CHAIR.I HEARD THIS NOISE COMING FROM THE LIVING ROOM,IT WAS HER TRYING TO BREATH
HER TONGUE WAS HANGING OUT THE SIDE OF HER MOUTH AND SHE WAS GRASPING FOR AIR
ANGEL PICKED HER HEAD OFF THE CHAIR AND LOOKED INTO MY EYES,AS IF TO SAY

ITS TIME DADDY.TO SAY GOOD BYE.ICALLED THE VET AND HE CAMRE TO MY HOME
WITH HIS WIFE.SHE RUBBED MY BACK AS HE TALKED TO HER,I HUGGED ANGEL WITH EVERY THING I HAD,ITS SO HARD TO SAY GOOD BY.VET SAID TO GIVE HIM A NOD AND THEN HE WILL GIVE THE FINAL SHOT.I TALKED TO HER AND SAID THANK YOU FOR LOVING ME
AND LETTING ME LOVE YOU.YOUR GOING TO BE WHOLE AGAIN BABY,AND BE ABLE TO RUN AND PLAY LIKE YOU USE TO.WAIT FOR ME AT THE BRIDGE,WE WILL BE TOGETHER AGAIN FOREVER.HER LITTLE HEAD FELL INTO MY ARMS,IT WAS OVER IN 2 SECONDS.I CANT GO ON ANY MORE ABOUT WRITING THIS EMAIL,MY TEARS ARE RUNNING DOWN MY FACE AND IT IS HARD TO SEE THE KEYS.LOVE YOUR FUR BABIES EVERY MINUTE OF EVEVRY DAY
LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR US AND VERY SHORT FOR THEM.GOD BLESS ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE LOST PETS,THERE IS A SAYING I LOVE"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL
A PART OF ONES SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED" WITH LOVE TO ALL AND PRAYERS,. BILL

RSS

The Inspiration

EverPup

EverPup: What James has bee

Dr Jones Ultimate Canine Health Formula

Dog Books from Maui Media

Subscribe to our Blog

Badge

Loading…

Published by

Maui Media, LLC